Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sorry for being MIA

The past few days have been filled with many up's and downs. The week started off fine. Great follicle check on Tuesday and a busy day of shopping to finish up just in time for Christmas. Then I got the call Tuesday night while I was at home relaxing on the couch. It was my BFF calling to tell me that her step mother was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer and given less then a year to live. I am very close to my BFF and her family, we have known one another for almost 17 years and they are like a second family to me. I could not believe what I was hearing, there was nothing I could say. Worse then knowing that someone you love has less then a year to survive is knowing that the death of my BFF's father would more then likely follow. My BFF's father is 86 years old and not in the best of health. The only thing keeping him going this far is that his wife takes amazing care of him. With both of them ill it does not leave much hope for his future. That alone put a damper on Christmas what also happened to be my BFF's birthday. In addition to the sadness that I was already feeling. I received a call on Christmas from a friend of mine telling me that for husband of 11 years served her with divorce papers on Christmas morning. After 11 years of marriage and 4 kids one being born less then two weeks earlier. He decided she was to controlling and he no longer wanted to be married. It breaks my heart to see so many people that I love and care for going through so much pain during a time that is suppose to bring joy. It has truly been an eye opening week for me. And so it has lead me to my New Years resolution. My resolution for 2009 is to get closer to all of my family. At any moment someone you love can be taken away from you be it by divorce or death. I have been horrible about spending time with my 86 year old grandmother and it has never crossed my mind that she is 86 and although I hope and pray that she lives forever it is inevitable that one day she will go. I also have a ton of family back east that although I talk to it is not as often as I use to. Also Patrick has not seen his father in almost 2 years, I think it is due time we forgive him for all of the wrong he has done to Patrick and rebuild there relationship. We have a lot of family that we need to reconnect with, and my goal for 2009 is to make that happen.


0 comments: