Monday, December 1, 2008

Question

I'm hoping one of you can answer this for me. As you all know I had my IUI on Saturday. I have been trying not to stress but I just feel like something went wrong. First off as I said in a prior post because of how bad IUI #1 was my RE gave me a prescription for valium it definitely helped calm my nerves but I never got O pains like I always do. So now I am concerned that I did not O. Then I got into a conversation with a friend that also goes to the same RE as me about my RE's sperm washing techniques. And it became clear to us that something is not right. Let me give you an example Patrick had 116 million swimmers with 79.6% motility after wash my RE said we ended up with 80 million healthy swimmers but my RE only inseminated me with 40 million. Reason being they only use 5cc when they inseminate you and that was exactly half of the swimmers. Why would they not use all 80 million swimmers. Is that odd to anyone else or just me???

4 comments:

Chele said...

I'm not much help with this one. However, I will tell you that some cycles I have very strong O pains and pressure and other cycles I don't have anything and only know that I've O'd when temping. The valium may be the reason you didn't feel O pains this cycle. When I've taken it before HSGs I don't have the normal cramping associated with the HSG.

Hugs, all it takes is 1 sperm to find that eggy. ++++ vibes!

Anonymous said...

I'm no help with the IUI process, however, I can tell you that I used to get very strong O pains EVERY cycle before the miscarriage. I have not felt O pains since the miscarriage. AF has been fairly regular, so I'm assuming that I'm O'ing. It is possible that you just didn't feel it this cycle.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea hun... but I think they only use the BEST sperm when they wash them... I think that's part of the purpose of washing them to begin with...

Matt,Shell,and lil' Benjamin. said...

hmmm, I have had more IUI's than I can count and they put in ALL the sperm in me ... What ever is good after the washing goes in me. I dont know if that helps any.
Also, your hubby has GREAT motility. matts best ever was 60% ... . normally he is 50%.