Friday, December 12, 2008

Bad Day / Good Day

As you all know AF made a guest appearance last night. So I called me RE to inform her of the current events only to be told that I had to come in anyway for the beta because it was there policy. I dragged my butt across town to have my blood taken by my favorite nurse. The only nurse on this planet that has a hard time getting blood from me. After 3 sticks with a needle I proved to nurse needle happy that I do in fact have blood running through my veins. I had a brief encounter with my RE about what our plan would be when the test comes back BFN, and her response to me was that I shouldn't be so negative. I explained that I am not negative but a realist. AF is here, and from the looks of it she is here to stay! So I know that it's only common sense that AF = BFN. With that I left and waited confirmation of my results. She called me to tell me they were in fact BFN. Thankfully that was something I already knew and had expected, so it didn't hurt as bad as it could have. I asked her if we could up my meds since I am sick of this one egg BS and then my RE said the nastiest thing anyone has ever said to me. She said well Amy maybe you are only a one egg kind of girl. If she had been in my face I probably would have punched her. I am young and healthy and I refuse to believe my body is not capable of producing more then one viable egg per cycle. She agreed to up me to 175iu but said I needed to go on BCP because she was going on Vacation around January 8th. I immediately lost my cool and flipped out. Yelling that I refused "REFUSED" to go on BCP since I feel that is why I didn't respond well to my meds in this past cycle. I asked her is she had planned to be in town the week of Christmas to which she replied yes. And then I asked what the problem was then since AF was here today and my insemination seem to happen roughly around CD 15-16 December 27th and 28th that there was NO reason why I had to miss this month. Do you know what this woman had the nerve to say to me??? That I could not count today as day one since I was on progesterone. What the hell does that have to do with anything? Day one is the first day of full flow. That would be TODAY! We went back and forth with this for about 5 minutes before she said well we will make plans based off of when AF fully shows. (At one point I was going to ask if she wanted me to drop off my tampon so that she could see that I was having full flow but decided that might be just alitte to much). Tomorrow I am going to call her and let her know that AF was super heavy tonight so I know it was my day 1. If she says anything stupid I might drive over there to smack her. Why does it have to be so complicated.

I also got the results of my last genetic test back for my PAI-1 and it came back elevated. Confirming that when I do get pregnant I am going to have to go on Lovenox injections. It sucks but atleast there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

On to good news. A friend of a friend had some follistim she needed to get rid of and offered to sell me 6 boxes of 300iu follistim for $60 a box. I am so happy because upping my meds would have cost me big bucks. This was a total life savor. I am ready for IUI #3 and I am going into this cycle positive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, your RE was a douche...

{{{HUGS}}} Sorry about AF hun... I'm so sorry :(

Onwards and upwards though! 2009 is going to be a better year for all of us!

Chele said...

OMG! I want to smack both your and Lynn's REs. Hers is stupid and yours is missing a sensitivity gene. +++++ vibes this next IUI gets you your sticky baby. I know several ladies that had to be on Levenox and it worked as they have little ones. Yay! for gettting your drugs at a deep discount. Hang in there!