Friday, December 5, 2008

Getting ready for the holidays

So I spent the day going through allllll of our Christmas stuff we have out in the garage, and started putting everything up. The inside of out house is now Christmas ready but the outside .... not so much! I had so much fun going though all of the things we have collected over the year. And can you imagine in only 2 years of marriage and 5 1/2 years together we have boxes upon boxes of decorations. Every year we go to the store and pick out an ornament that has special meaning to the both of us to add to our tree. The first Christmas after we were married we picked out a silver R (for our last name) with swarovski crystal to hang from the star at the top of the tree. And for our second Christmas we got a rottweiler angel because the puppy that I had gotten Patrick as a Christmas gift the year before had passed away. If I can break the hold that ESPN has on Patrick, I am going to try to get him to go with me over the weekend to pick out our new ornament. As well as hang the Christmas lights. I know this may sound funny but when we first bought Christmas lights I did not want to feel like a total trader to my religion so I made Patrick buy blue lights. Since blue is a Hanukkah color it made me feel better about myself. Then we added an 8 foot Santa Clause to the mix, and well there is no longer any sign that there is someone Jewish in this house. Oh well at least my MIL will be happy ... j/k.

Here are some pictures I thought I would share. My camera batteries were dead so I took all of the pictures of the tree and the house with my cell phone. They are not the best but oh well =)

3 comments:

Lynn Page said...

Amy so pretty!!! We always buy a new ornament each year too! I think it's a sweet tradition! You know I've been meaning to ask you what happened to Roxxi??

Amy said...

Thanks Lynn, When we moved into this house the back yard was "alot" smaller then our yard in our old house and it ended up being to small for Roxxi because she is a little ball of energy. So when Patrick's sister came out to visit us a couple of months back she asked if she could take Roxxi back to Oregon with her since she lives on over 25 acres of land and Roxxi could run free. So Patrick and I decided that it was probably in our best interest to let her go live with her Aunti. It was not fair to keep her cramped up in tight quarters. But she loves it on the farm and her new best friend is a mini pony so it ended up being a great decision.

Chele said...

Very pretty! We purchased a new ornament this year, but in previous years the kids and I have made new ornaments each year. I still have to post my Christmas pics. I will try to get around to doing that this week. lol