Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dream or Nightmare... Hmmmm

So last night I had a dream that scared the crap out of me. Here's how it went ...

I was in my RE's office to receive the results of my BETA and it came back BFP. I was so excited my mom was with me since Patrick had to be at work. We went into the ultrasound room to see how many little beans were in there and I remember it so clearly I laid down on the table and watched as she pointed out a little heartbeat. It was amazing! Then she started counting one, two, three, four, five, six ....! You have six little heartbeats. My mother was crying with excitement and that is about when I woke up.

Holy Crap could you imagine. I know it is virtually impossible but it still scared the daylights out of me. My RE has at least one patient that I know of that delivered sextuplets (see link http://www.maschemiracles.com/ ) conceived via IUI. So that got me thinking how many is to many and what would I do if we ended up with more then one or two babies. I asked Patrick what he thought and he said well I guess we would do whatever was safest for you and the babies. I could tell that I had freaked him out, but this was something neither of us had thought about. I know that with my RE upping my meds to produce more eggs we will be at a greater risk of multiples. And while I welcome the idea of having two since we have decided we are only going through this headache one time and one time only. What if we ended up with more then we could physically or financially handle. I never intended on being a stay at home mom. I love working and couldn't imagine not, heck with more then two babies I could never afford not to work.

I think I have stressed myself out enough for one day... So with that I have to get my butt back to work so I can save up in case I ever birth a litter of puppies =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Six is a bit much! I think it would definitely freak me out!

Lynn Page said...

Breath in breath out... let's get your IUI done and get your super sticky bfp, then we'll worry bout that... lol :)

Chele said...

LOL! 6 would also freak me out. Can we half that number in your next dream.

Anonymous said...

I once had a dream where I had 7 sets of twins. After they were born, I had to pick which ones I wanted to keep. I was trying to not pick the cutest ones! Anyway, so far it hasn't come true, so don't fret- perhaps only half of your dream will come true (your sticky bfp).