Friday, July 24, 2009

Worried about Gage

I went to the Peri today for an ultrasound. Gage looked wonderful with his cute chubby cheeks. His head measured in the 95th percentile and he was in fact head down. His estimated weight 5 lbs 2 oz. Now for the bad news ... Gage has his cord wrapped around his neck. The Dr tried to play it off like it was no big deal but I'm freaked out. Over the last week or so Gage's movement has drastically slowed down. I let the Dr know and he said that was common in the 3T. Everything I have read states the opposite. They put me on the monitor for a about 30 minutes to check Gage's heart and see if I was having contractions and everything looked great. I am just so worried that something is going to happen to him with his cord around his neck. I wish they would let me deliver him now, even though it's early at least I know he would be safer on the outside. I tried to call me OB after the appointment but he never called back. I go back to the peri Monday morning and will continue to see him twice a week until Gage is born. I just don't know how I'm going to get through the weekend this worried.




3 comments:

Matt,Shell,and lil' Benjamin. said...

Oh Amy , I'm sorry ! I can only imangine that you are very worried . Despite what the Dr says, thats YOUR baby !
Hugs hun, Everything is goona be Ok !

Lauren said...

Oh my, that would worry me too, Amy. How many weeks are you right now? Did they give any indication that they might move the date up even more?

Chele said...

Hugs, you have a right to be worried and I would be too. Amy, I don't want to scare you, but I want you to demand a meeting take place between your OB and Peri if the cord is still wrapped around the babies neck on Monday.