Monday, July 6, 2009

Better then I expected

The judge was female and was very sympathetic to my situation. She heard me out and after hearing about how the attorney's office had someone break in back into the house back in March and change the locks on me she wanted to hear nothing from the banks attorney. It was a great victory for me. The attorney on behalf of the bank asked I be evicted effective immediately and the judge refused. Granting me the 30 days I need to either find another home or work out a deal with the bank to buy this house. She even advised the attorney to have there client call me to try to work out a purchase option. I am very surprised with the outcome but very happy. I was so nervous going in front of all of the people waiting to have there case be heard. I am super bad at public speaking but the judge made me feel very comfortable and in the end it worked out way better then I expected.

6 comments:

Chele said...

You had several factors working for you. One you had your crap together, two you are pregnant, and three I think everyone is getting fed up with the banks and their actions regarding foreclosures. There have been numerous articles in our local news regarding this issue.

++++ vibes that you can find something or work it out so you can purchase the place.

Lauren said...

I'm so happy for you!! I really hope the bank stops being an ass and you can work out a purchase agreement!!

Shawna said...

That's good news Amy! I hope you can work something out.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!!! That's awesome Momma! I hope it all works out for you!!!

To A T said...

Glad it all turned out well!! :) HOpefully you can get the funding in order quick so you can keep the house!! :)

Marshmallow Circus said...

What an awesome judge! I am so glad an injustice was not done!