Sunday, July 27, 2008

IUI #1 .... complete.

Today has had many highs and lows. I went with Patrick to his appointment, that went extremely well. Pat's count was 110 million with 80% motility pre-wash. Post wash we ended up with 45 million swimmers to inseminate with. Yeah! Everyone in the office was telling DH he was a rock star and you could tell it was a big boost to his ego. We left while the embryologist was doing her thing and went to my mom's to hang out (since she only live 5 minutes from the RE office) As we were driving it hit me sh&% it's my turn next. Panic started to set in and for the 2 hours we were waiting to go back I could feel the anxiety building up. We headed back to the office after a mini pep talk from my mom. But it did not help I was still soooooooooooooooooooo nervous. I think for the 10-15 minute we were waiting that was all I said to anyone that said hi to me. It was bad! We got back to the room and I could feel my heart racing. My Dr walked in and asked if I was ok, and I quickly replied NO! She asked why I was so nervous and I told her I was scared that it was going to hurt as bad as the HSG. She tried to tell me it would not even be half as bad but I did not listen to her. Well as I laid there and she inserted that speculum I started to have a panic attack. Patrick held my hand and tried to have a random conversation with me to get my mind off of everything that was going on, but it didn't help. Then I heard what I just did not want to hear, they needed to dilate my cervix I knew that was going to be more pain. But I tried my hardest to control my nerves. Then the Dr had to use forceps to help straighten my cervix. I wanted to ask why but the pain was so bad I was grinding my teeth and could not open my mouth to ask any questions. When all was complete I had to lay there with the speculum in for an extra 3 minutes or so as I had started bleeding slightly. After everything was complete I laid in the room for an additional 10 minutes. My Dr and I had a long conversation as I laid there about what our plan is if this cycle is a bust and I have to try again next month. We agreed that valiume would be best although I would prefer her to just knock me out. I really really really hope that I never have to go through that again.
After we were done Patrick and I decided to go for lunch and to watch a movie. I was still really crampy but I needed to get out and move around for a little while. As we sat down in the theater I started to feel ovulation pain. Although I feel them ever month having it happen that close to my IUI it really made me feel like we had great timing. My O cramps lasted a good 5 hours as they normally due . I still have some achy cramps in my girl parts but nothing I can't tolerate. After the movie we came home and have been hanging out and relaxing since. I am so glad that my first IUI cycle is over. Now comes the dreaded 2 week wait. I go in for my first beta test on 8/8/08 as long as AF does not show. I am hoping that, that will be a lucky day for us. On Wednesday I start my progesterone, compared to everything I have gone through that should be a walk in the park.

0 comments: