Monday, July 14, 2008

It's about time ...

At about 12:30 p.m. I decided to drive over to my RE's office determined to find out why I was being avoided. I needed answers and I needed them now! And I was not going to let another month pass and have someone else take that chance of being a mother away from me. About 10 minutes into my 30 minute drive I received a call from a strange number I answered hesitantly and to my surprise it was the nurse from my RE's office calling to see if I could come in on Wednesday. I quickly replied NO ... I'm on cycle day 3 today and the Dr told me I was to start my injections today (in a pissy attitude). The nurse then asked well why did you not call us on cycle day one like you were suppose to? I quickly explain that I had been calling since day one but no one felt the need to call me back and that I had tried numerous times over the weekend and again this morning only to be greeted by the answering service. The nurse then asked if I could come in today for my ultrasound and instructions and when I informed her that I had already been on the way she seemed alittle in shock. I then explained I needed answers that the answering service just could not give me, so I figured I might as well take the chance and drive over to the office rather then wait and get worked up in the process. As I pulled up to the RE's office I was still alittle agitated but put on a happy face. I was greeted with numerous apologies from my Dr as well as the staff. And before I knew it I was being taken back for my ultrasound. First let me say there is nothing more nasty then having a vaginal ultrasound when you are on your period. And as the Dr poked prodded around I began to get nervous. How many cysts did we see on the last ultrasound she asked the nurse that was in the room assisting. One on the left and five on the right. As she pushed the wand in alittle harder I could not help but to yelp. Wow I have never seen anything like that the Dr said to the nurse. It looks like all six of your cyst are gone. I can not believe they cleared up that fast on there own. I wanted to jump from the table with excitement. I quickly dressed and regrouped with my Dr and the nurse to go over the next step. She again gave my the all clear that all of my cysts were now gone and told me that my uterus lining was at a 4. So everything looked good only thing left was to start taking 75iu of the follistim for the next 8 nights or until further instruction. I walked out of that office with the biggest smile on my face. For once in my life I finally feel like this could be the month. It is so nice to finally have alittle hope that this could and will happen.

0 comments: