Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rough couple of days

the 18th marked the due date of our lost bean. It was a sad day but I managed to make it through with my sanity intact. I expected the day to be so much worse but I think with everything else going on right now my mind was elsewhere. Friday I had a Dr's appointment. The baby looked great and as always he was all over the place. Patrick was able to go with me this time to see our little guy. This was the first ultrasound he had seen of our little boy since he started looking like a baby. It was really fun watching his face as he saw our little boy moving around. I started having some contraction like pains on Thursday night so it was a good thing I had that appointment on Friday. After doing an internal ultrasound my Dr informed me I have a cyst on my cervix and that is likely what is causing the contractions. But my cervix is still closed up and looking good. So the new rule is when I feel contractions I have to get in bed and stay there until they are fully gone. Sunday night I got a phone call that my little sister (who is 14) and my older sister (who is 31) were in a all out war with one another. Patrick asked me not to go over there but as always I didn't listen. Long story short there fight was way way way out of hand. At one point my little sister decided she wanted to run away, she ran to my parents closet to get a suit case and I followed her to calm her down. I was trying to snatch the bag out of her hands when she elbowed me in the tummy. I stood there in shock and she ran out the front door and took off. It took me over an hour of driving around to find her hiding in an alley. She felt so bad for elbowing me, and knowing it was an accident I forgave her. I just can't believe a 31 year old would fight with a 14 year old like that. It is absolutely ridiculous! Lucky for me I can now feel my little guy moving around so I could tell he was alright. But now Patrick is mad at her for not being more careful around me. Hopefully he doesn't hold a grudge to long. As if all of this mess was not bad enough, I got the call yesterday that I was dreading. The mass in my grandmothers lungs is in fact a tumor. Now they are going to go back in and do a biopsy of her lymph nodes so see if it has spread. The oncologist already feels that it has so this is pretty much just a confirmation for him. It just pains me, that this is how she is going to die. My grandmothers wishes are to not undergo treatment, she feels like chemo would be to hard on her body and I have to agree that at 85 years old it is. But I am just not ready to say goodbye any time soon. I know it sounds silly but I just never imagined her not being around. The only thing she keeps saying to me is that she wants to be around long enough to see the baby. And I can only hope and pray that she gets her wish. Only issue I have now is, will she be ok to fly all the way from Florida to Las Vegas for when he's born? I can only hope so. I talked to my mom about possibly finding a Dr out in Florida to deliver the baby. Thinking maybe I can just go out there when I'm 35 weeks and staying until he's born. But with seeing a high risk OB and my regular OBGYN I don't know how well that would work out. My only other option is flying out when he is pretty much new born. I know it's not the best idea but I am just out of options here. In the mean time, I plan on doing alot of traveling back and forth to Florida to go spend as much time as possible with my grandmother. First trip is planned for around mothers day weekend. (As long as my OB clears me to travel.)

6 comments:

Coco said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma, Amy. I can't imagine how rough that must be. Hopefully you will figure something out so that she gets to see her new grandson!

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} Sorry about your Grandmom hun. That's rough. I'm sending you lots of P&PTs!

Chele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chele said...

Hugs Amy, our spirit babies are hanging out together. Our anniversary date was on Sunday.

We lost my grandfather to lung cancer when he was only 62, so I feel your pain. I hope you will be able to spend some quality time with her before she passes.

Holy Cow, what a situation between your sisters. 14 is an awful age and the adult has to stay in adult mode. kwim?

Hoping the week ahead will be a better one for you and your family.

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma, Amy. I hope you can figure something out so that she can see the baby. (((HUGS)))

Lynn Page said...

Amy I'm sorry about your Grandma! My heart goes out to you and your family! And hopefully your sister's are working everything out...that is just crazy!