Tuesday, April 28, 2009

3rd OB check up ... complete

I went today for my 3rd OB check up, so far ... so good! We listen to Gage's heartbeat for a minute on the doppler and my Dr said everything sounded great. After loosing alittle over 15 lbs (thank you morning sickness) I have finally gained a whopping 3 lbs. I tried to discus setting my induction date with my Dr, but it seems my OB and my peri are having a difficult time making a consistent plan. My OB thinks I should switch to heparin and wait to go naturally or be induces 4 days before I'm due. And my Peri thinks that heparin is a horrible idea since there are so many cases of contaminated and poisonous heparin coming from China. His plan was to induce me around 37 weeks and take me off the fragmin 2 days before. They both also disagree on if I should have a regular delivery or a c-section. Thank god I have over 4 months left!

I was really hoping to walk away with a set date so that I can buy my grandmother the airline ticket for mothers day. But from the looks of it now I won't have anything set in stone until atleast the end of June. Oh well!

4 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

So glad you are doing well! Little Gage is a lucky guy to have you as a mommy!

Amy said...

Thank you =)

Lynn Page said...

I'm sorry you didn't get anything set in stone, I know you're really wanting to get everything planned for your grandma, but I love that everything pg wise is going well!!! ((hugs))

Chele said...

As you said, it's still early and there is plenty of time. Both of mine were born during the 36th via c-section. Let me know if you end up having one and have questions.

In my book a PERI trumphs an OB. lol

Fx that everything falls into place soon with the planning for your grandma.