Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can't agree on a name

Patrick and I have not been able to agree on a name. We have come up with a top 4 but there is just one name that I am in love with and one name he loves more then the rest. Here's our list, I would love to hear what you ladies think.

1. Gage William
2. Paxton Brian
3. Heath ...
4. Logan ...

Gage William is my favorite, and here is my reason why. When I was younger my grandfather and I use to love watching scary movies together. One night we rented Pet Cemetery I will never forget that night. My parents, sister, grandmother, grandfather and of course myself sat down to watch, throughout the entire movie all my grandfather did was laugh. He thought the movie was just the funniest thing ever. I can still remember his cackle. He loved the little boy in the movie named Gage. He thought Gage was just to cute to be scary. From that moment on the name Gage stuck in my head. Not to long after that my grandfather passed away. I had always intended on naming my first son David after my grandfather. But being the last of four grand children to have a baby my sister used the name when naming my nephew Reece David. So when trying to find a name for our baby I automatically went to the name Gage because if I couldn't name the baby after my grandfather I at least wanted a name that reminded me of him. As for the name William I felt it was only fair to pick Patrick's Grandfathers name and use it for the babies middle.

Paxton Brian is Patrick's favorite, mainly because Paxton starts with a P and Brian is his middle name. So Patrick and the baby would share the same initials PBR.

We decided against having a Patrick Jr because of an identity theft issue that I will blog more about later on. We just didn't want to risk any of the crap on Patrick's credit report from the ID theft to accidentally end up on the babies credit. That and we wanted to make sure that the person who stole Patrick's identity didn't do the same to our son.

So let me know what you girls think, out of the 4 names what one do you like the most??? I will post a poll on the right side of my page for everyone to vote.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I think Gage William is a cool name. And I like the reasoning behind it!

IF we ever get pregnant we'll have the same problem. My favourite boy name is Justin's second choice. But women should get to chose... think of everything we have to go through!

Boy names are SO hard!

Chele said...

I love, love, love the first one, GAGE WILLIAM.

Kristen said...

How about a compromise and name him Paxton Gage??? or Gage Paxton....those two are cute together.....

Lynn Page said...

I like Gage.... you win!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like Logan... but that's because I'm a huge Wolverine fan ;)