Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Someone dropped a bomb on me

I woke up this morning feeling like this flu bug might just be going away. Patrick left for work and I decided to go drive through starbucks and get myself some hot tea. Molly and I got in the car and took off towards our destination. I could not have been gone more then 30 45 minutes at the most. I like to take the scenic route sometimes and just drive. When I pulled up to my house something was wrong. There was a bright orange sticker on the door and all of the blinds were open. Panic set in. I walked up to the door and noticed a key already in place in the lock. I paused and looked around what the hell is going on. I turned the key and pulled the sticker off the front door. In preparation for the worst I had 911 dialed into my phone just waiting for me to hit the send button. I opened the door and screamed hello. By now Molly who I was clutching in my arms must have been able to feel my heart racing and started to bark. No one answered back. Anxiety set in and I remember sitting on the couch and just blanking out. My phone began to ring, It was my boss. I answered sobbing uncontrollably Chuck I've been locked out of my home. I tried to contain myself but it was to late, I was a full blown mess. Chuck tried to calm me down but I could just hear myself repeating over and over again. I'm homeless Chuck I'm homeless. Together we called my landlord who decided to inform me (now that I was asking)not pay her mortgage and the bank foreclosed on the property. I suddenly felt dizzy and fell on the floor. I could feel my body hit the tile and all I could think about was the baby. What have I just done to myself. Chuck am I gonna go to jail I asked through the tears. Amy why on earth would you be going to jail Chuck responded back. Because the sticker that I took off the door said if I entered the property I was trespassing and I would go to jail for breaking and entering.

Needless to say I'm not in jail (at least not yet j/k) I spent the remainder of my day at the justice court trying to see what they could do to help me. What a big fat waist of time that was! My resolution for the day was to call my attorney and have him handle this mess. His exact words were well Amy they left you key's so they must not have wanted to out that bad. The worst of this is that the owner of this house is one of my investors. I sold her this house and I have made her alot of money over the years. For her to do this to me ... unforgivable. I refuse to be a tenant ever again!!!!!!!! Tomorrow after I meet with my attorney in the morning and hopefully get granted an extension I am going house hunting. For now lets just hope and pray that falling on the floor has not caused the baby any harm.

7 comments:

Marshmallow Circus said...

WHAT?? Holy shizitz! Totally unfair. You've been slapped around lately breing sick on top of early pregnancy and now this. I hope you can sort it out. I am praying for your ultrasound to go great!

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} Oh honey this is so crummy! But listen, this might turn out to be beneficial to you... the market is so sh*tty right now... you might be able to get in somewhere better and cheaper! :) It's going to be ok!

Matt,Shell,and lil' Benjamin. said...

OH honny, I dont even know what to say , what a crappy situation !
Big hugs hun ! Its goona be OK !!

Chele said...

OMG! Big Hug!

Yikes Amy! What a day! Hope the bank works with you to allow you an extension until you finds something else.

To A T said...

HOLY COW!! ((HUGS)) What a horrible, sh*tty thing she did to you!!
I'm with Candi :) You'll probably get a good deal on a house right now, so that's a plus, right?

Coco said...

Oh my goodness! I would have freaked too! That is horrible! I hope you find something better, and cheaper fast!

Lynn Page said...

OMG Amy...what the heck??? How is that even possible... I hope everything works out for you sweetie, you do not deserve all this crap!