Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beta #2

I went yesterday to have my blood drawn for beta #2, but my RE was out of the office all day in surgery. I was told I would not get my results until today. Although I wanted to say no that's not ok. I tucked my tail between my legs and walked out. Yesterday was the longest day of my life. I must have woken up 5 times last night just to check the clock. Finally at 7:30 this morning my phone rings. I jump out of bed and run over to my phone but it's not my RE only a friend of mine calling to say hi. Hours pass, I wanted to call but I didn't want to be the annoying girl. Finally at 11:45 the phone rings and it's my RE's office I answer and it's the receptionist calling to book an appointment for my ultrasound on February 2nd. Wait but what about the results of my beta. The receptionist responds back well I guess things are ok if the Dr wants you to come in for an ultrasound. I ask her to put the Dr or someone on the phone that can tell me my results and I am quickly dismissed with a "I'll have someone call you back". Great! More waiting. Finally at 2 P.M. I decided I have had enough of the worrying. So I call the back nurses line. The nurse answers and I explain that I need to know. 2463 she replies. Ahhhhh I feel a sigh of relief. Thank god that there is someone in that office that is willing to tell me what is going on. Out of an office of 7 women there is only one person I can count on and what is really sad is that it is not my RE. If now I could only get my lovenox injections I would feel a million times better.



Update: Insurance just denied my lovenox injections and requested my RE put me on Fragmin instead. Out of pocket lovenox is $1100 a month. The new medication requires me to take 2 injections a day for the next 9 months. Hopefully insurance will be willing to cover that one. If not, I'm Fu%#ed

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! There's a baby in there!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been waiting for your update. That's awesome! I hope you've been feeling better and your prescriptions get sorted out!

Lucky Jones said...

Woo hoo! congratulations on your baby :-) Sending sticky vibes your way - you absolutely deserve this!!!

Chele said...

Yes! Great numbers! Amy, can you get your RE to appeal the decision? Many people have had meds denied but then covered after the doctor puts through an appeal showing why it's medically necessary.

Anonymous said...

Great numbers Amy!! so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Great numbers! Everything is looking good!!! I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats ~ I'm so happy for you. :) Things are looking great!

TuTu's Bliss said...

I'm sending an award your way. Feel free to blog by and snag it. Jen

Living Creekside said...

checking from over on Cheles blog ..Congratulations on your pregnancy..
LaDawn

Chele said...

Amy, update us so I can stop worrying about you.