Monday, January 12, 2009

Holy Cow!

First off let me start by saying that my bleeding/spotting has stopped. I talked to me RE about it and she said not to worry. I went in for my first beta and as expected I got the call that I am in fact pregnant. When I asked for my count my RE took an odd tone and told me that she did not know the exact count since the girl that runs my labs was in the process of diluting it. Whatever the heck that means. She put in a request for the nurse to call in my Lovenox injections and scheduled me to return for beta #2 on Wednesday. As today passed I could not help but wonder what my beta count was. So I decided to call my RE's office and ask. I started my conversation about my injections since the pharmacy had not called me to confirm the prescription like they normally do. And then I quickly asked oh and by the way what was my hormone count from this mornings beta to which the nurse replies 1188. I could hear her giggling in the background as I sat in silence. It took me a good 30 seconds to take it all in and then I responded isn't that kind of high. Why yes it is she chuckled back. We ended our call and since then I have been in freak out mode. Not that I would not LOVE to have more then one baby but with all of the meds that I have to take just to successfully have one child now I might have to worry about more then one. I am going to try to keep my freaking out to a minimum. (Or at least until I have my first ultrasound.) I am going through such a wide range of emotions right now. But for the most part I am just really scared.

13 comments:

Matt,Shell,and lil' Benjamin. said...

OH my gosh Amy !!!I cant belive it !! I am so happy for you .
with all my heart CONGRATS !!!!
Those #'s are GREAT !!! I am sooo excited for you !!!!
BIG HUGE HUGS !!!!

Chele said...

Thats great Amy! The majority of the moms I know that have had multiples did not have super high betas, however, a few did. I guess we are all going to have to wait and see what your first u/s shows. I'm so damn happy for you girl!

Coco said...

Wow, I would be freaking too! How long do you have to wait for your first ultrasound?

Amber said...

See ... this is the 2nd time you have thought it was all over and it happened to be positive! YOU ARE PREGNANT! Don't worry, we went thru this cycle with 6 follicles that ovulated and we are only having 1. My HCG was very high too, but there is only 1 lil' man in there. Congrats! Keep that bean a stickin'!

Amber

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! You made a baby!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome!

Don't freak... If you were meant to have multiples, you'll have them and you'll make it work.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMY!!!!

I am so excited for you.....That is great news!! I will be praying that everything is just perfect....that number sounds awesome :o)

Anonymous said...

Amy I am so happy for you!!!! What a great number. Everything will be fine. Try not to stress out. I am leaving soon for my transfer....it is OUR turn:)

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I'm so excited for you. I keep checking in on your blog and this is exactly the news I've been waiting to see! What an awesome way to ring in the New Year! I left on a message on the TTYFC6+ board, but I didn't know if you ever checked it, so I just wanted to say congrats! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this is your sticky bean (or beans). Good luck, can't wait for more updates!

Lynn Page said...

Amy those are fantastic sticky bean numbers is what those are!!! Can't wait until wednesday for you!

To A T said...

OH my!! Oh my!! This is GREAT news!! :)

I'm keeping you in my prayers :)

Amy said...

Thank you girls. I appreciate all of the support and will update as soon as I have my 2nd beta done tomorrow.

Chele said...

Checking in on you. I hope you have a good update for us!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy....Hope everything is going ok....please update us!!