Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The flu is kicking me A$$

Yep that's right I have the flu. It started Thursday morning as a little cough and has since turned into this monster of a virus that has literally kicked my ass. I have been running a fever off and on since Saturday when my wonderful RE prescribed me a Z pack that was supposed to be my miracle cure. And that seemed to make it worse. Since Saturday night I have had a high temp maxing out at 101.8 and this morning I started the day with a 99.6 at least it's getting better. With all of the blood thinners and other crap I'm taking Tylenol is a no no so other then the non working Z pack I'm S.O.L (Sh%# Out of Luck). In addition to that, food and I have not been agreeing. And so all I have eaten since Thursday night is chicken and beef broth. Mmmm Yummy! My husband says when I cough it sounds like I'm going to cough up an organ and the sad thing is that's what it feels like as well. Sleeping has been horrible when I lay on my back I feel like I am drowning and then I lay on my tummy I'm scared I'm going to hurt the bean. Plus my new thing (and why I'm sharing this I have no clue) when I cough .... I pee alittle. Nasty I know! So now I wear a pad to sleep in fear I might have an adult sized accident. Lovely!

On a bright note my first ultrasound is on Monday Feb 2nd. I am eager to see what is going on in there. Fingers crossed that there is at least one heartbeat going strong in there.

5 comments:

Chele said...

Oh No! You are the third person I know that has come down with some type of Flu in the last two weeks. I hope you recover quickly and all your organs remain in place.

I just put a star on my calendar to remind me that it's your U/S. Keeping pp and pt flowing your way.

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your u/s! Boo to your illness! I hope you feel better soon hun!

To A T said...

Sorry you are under the weather! :( no bueno!!
Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes on Monday!

Lynn Page said...

awww sweetie I hope you're feeling better soon!!! ((Hugs)) but yay on the u/s coming up soon!

Amber said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! But I have to say that I am really excited for your first ultrasound. I was wondering when you were going. I wish you the best of luck - it's a new year and you need a fresh start!!!

Amber