Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update

So I got a call back from the nurse at my RE's office last night and this is what she told me. The thing about the BCP was a mess up but my RE decided after I left her office that she would rather me move my dose up to 150IU's for 10 days instead of 100IU's for 9 days. I asked her what if I responded to well to it what would happen and she said that they would either move me down a dose or my RE would cancel the cycle. I reminded the nurse that my insurance does not cover the medication and that I was going to be paying close to 2k out of pocket. And that I was in no position to be waisting money on extra follistim or a cycle that ends in getting canceled. She quickly put me on hold and when she returned she told me that my RE is going to leave it up to me I can either have them deliver all 5 cartridges and do the 150 IU's or I could have them deliver 3 cartridges and I would take only the 100IU's. That conversation aggravated the crap out of me. So last night I talked to Patrick about it and he told me to do whatever I wanted to. I just don't know what the heck to do now.
On top of all of that headache lets talk about the amazing disappearing AF. I Started spotting yesterday the cramps were SO bad I thought for sure that it was going to be full force, to the point where I was in the bathroom checking every five minutes. By the end of the night AF had disappeared and I was left with super achy cramps. All night I tossed and turned afraid that she was going to show with a vengeance. I finally fell asleep only to be woken up at 3 a.m. I coughed so hard in my sleep somehow I made myself throw up. I woke up just in time to close my mouth and run to the bathroom. After tossing my cookies I tried to lay back down and fall asleep but that never happened. I just laid there for the rest of the night trying to figure out what to do. I have had some brown spotting off and on but honestly not even enough to even call it spotting. I feel like I'm on my period yet there is no blood. So I called my RE's office again this afternoon to cancel my day 3 ultrasound and informed the nurse that AF has decided not to come after all. This at least buys me some time to figure out what I want to do about the injections. I just don't know what to do I don't want to make the wrong decision.

4 comments:

Chele said...

Could you be ovulating? Sometimes women ovulate after a m/c before they get their period and conceive. I sometimes have ovulation spotting for two days......

As for the fertility drugs, I'm going to play the devil's advocate role. If the dosage worked fine for you last time, had you ovulating and got you pg, why would you up the dose? It's not like the last cycle was a bust and you didn't ovulate or conceive. Why risk overstimulating or getting cysts that have you on hold and bcp until they go away?
2k is a lot of $$$ to put out on one cycle, and then to have the cycle cancelled and you put on hold is a big emotional stew pot.

I wouldn't be bringing these things up if you hadn't successfully conceived last time.

Good luck making your decision. Big Hugs. TTC Sucks.........

Amy said...

Chele,
I guess I could be ovulating, but I did feel like I was ovulating back on the 7th. This month has been way to confusing. And for now the spotting has stopped. I just don't know what the heck my body is doing.
The reasoning for upping my meds this month was because we were pretty much playing a numbers game. The month I got my BFP I only had one egg and I had to extend my meds just to get it to size. So me RE decided it was in my best interest to up my meds to hopefully have two eggs at size come time of insemination. Hoping that at least one would stick, and go on to become a viable pregnancy. But when I was in her office the other week she had only wanted my to go up 25IU's in addition to the 75IU's that I was originally taking. Going up to 150IU's sounds absolutely crazy. And like we already know costly. I agree with you completely the 75IU's did work for us first time around. I see my RE's point on pushing us to 100IU's as I really did not respond that well to the 75IU's although after all was said and done it did end up working. So with that being said I think I am going to do the 100IU's I don't want to push my luck and I definitely don't want to overstimulate.

Who knew TTC world be this difficult! Thank you for all of your help. I hope we both get our BFP's soon.... =)

Chele said...

Okay, now I understand. In your place I would be doing exactly what you have decided to do. You're going up but your not doubling the dosage and you should get better results with 100 rather than 75. I will be sending you tons of grow follies grow vibes and hope this is your last ttc for awhile.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Blah... TTC sucks... I miss it though :( I never thought I'd say that.