Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stuck on stupid

I wake up this morning and feel the cramps. My immediate reaction is to run to the bathroom and check for AF sure enough I started spotting. I don't believe I had ever been so excited to see AF in my life. I run into the bedroom jump on Patrick and yell ... Bring on the twins! He looks at me like I have two heads and all he can do is laugh. Not 5 minutes later I get a call from Schrafts, that they received my prescription from my RE yesterday and want to know when I need it by. I inform the rep that I need it by Thursday and when she tells me how much I owe my heart about stops. It is double what I was expecting. Holy S&%t is all I could say. I made the rep go over everything my RE has ordered for me and she proceeds to tell me 1 HCG, 2 needles, 1 20 count box of progesterone gel & 5 300IU cartridges of follistim. I quickly stop her in her tracks. What the F do I need 5 300 IU's of follistim for? The month of my BFP I had only been on 900 IU's 75 IU's a day for 12 days this month I was suppose to do 9 days of 100 IU's so again only 900 IU's for the cycle just a higher daily dose. I even watched my RE wright 100 IU's daily for 9 days on her paper work. So what would I possibly need the additional 600 IU's for. Something had to be wrong. So I told the representative that I had to call my RE and call her back just to verify because something was wrong. I call over and leave a message for a nurse or my Dr to call me back. About 30 minutes later I get a call from the nurse who proceeds to tell me that my RE wants me to do 150 IU's daily. I explain that when I was in just yesterday I was told we were only going to do 100 IU's daily. The next thing the nurse said to me caught me so off guard she said will lets put the order on hold since you aren't going to need it for a while anyway. Huh I replied I'm getting my period today what are you talking about. Well you should be starting birth control this week then. I started getting angry what the heck are you talking about I am starting my follistim this week for my IUI. I'm not going on birth control. Are you even looking at the right file? At that point I was told my RE would have to call me back since there is obviously some mess up. How the F can things get so messed up so fast. I'm stuck and now here I sit staring at the phone hoping that someone will get back to me before the end of the day. Someone that hopefully knows whats going on and someone that can steer me in the right direction. All I want are my drugs! Why do I feel like I am constantly being held back. Can nothing ever go the way it is suppose to for me. Uggggghhhhhhhh I give the F up!

3 comments:

Chele said...

What a clusterF. The only thing I can think of is that maybe she wants to do a cycle of BCP to suppress your system before another round of injects. Maybe she "thought" she discussed it with you? Hopefully, you've gotten a call back with some good news and will be able to do your cycle as planned.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH! I want to scream right along with you! Sorry doll... TTC just sucks :( I hope you get it all worked out soon!

Chele said...

Update?