Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2nd ultrasound complete

I went today for ultrasound number 2 today, and this time Patrick was able to come with me. We were able to see the bean and the Dr confirmed it is growing only problem is it did not grow as much as she wanted to see. We were able to see the flicker of a heartbeat. Patrick was actually the one that pointed it out while we were all deeply gazing into the monitor. It was a great sight! But we were unable to count the heart rate. So where does that leave me? Well I have to go back next week for ultrasound number three. My RE wanted to do it in 2 weeks but she knew I could not go two weeks being I was so worried. So for now I am in a 1ww hopefully everything will work out just fine. I am trying not to loose hope. It just seems like a hard task since I am stuck in limbo. Patrick told me that he feels everything will be fine. Since we saw the heartbeat. He feels like that is our reason to hold out hope. So for now I guess I will just pray like I have never prayed before.


Photobucket


Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your in my thoughts and prayers even though you don't know me.. The good news is that once you see a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage drop dramatically!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you as well... sending prayers & luck your way.

Amy said...

Thank you both so much! I really appreciate the prayers. We could really use them right now =)

Marshmallow Circus said...

I love your blog Amy. You have a smart hubby there. Soon you will be able to concentrate on all the cute baby things instead of worrying so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Just saw your post on message board. Sounds like we are going through the same thing. I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and only saw a sac. Then last week at 6 weeks we saw the little bean and heartbeat. Now today I had another ultrasound and the measurements were the same as last week. We still saw the heartbeat. Although this was a different Dr. and equipment. Now I have to wait another week and see what we are measuring. Just thought it might help to know someone else is going through the same thing. Even though I have no idea what it means.

Anonymous said...

Hi-I just saw your post on the April 09 expecting board but I thought I'd respond here so I didn't have to sign in :). Our stories are almost identical, down to the day we're due. I went in for the first ultrasound and was a bit off. I went back a week later and didn't grow much. We saw the flickering heartbeat but it also couldn't be measured, however, my hcg levels continue to rise. I go back on Monday for my 3rd ultrasound. This has probably been the most grueling week of my life. I feel like I'm in limbo. Anyway, I just wanted to share my story and let you know that you are not alone in your wait. If you want to obsess with me, my name is Emmalie and my email is joe-emmalie@mywdo.com.

Chele said...

Amy,
I'm sending major pt and pp your way for you and your bean. Hoping the next u/s shows that your bean had a big growth spurt. Big Hugs.

VelvetJinxx said...

HEY!!! Remember me from the TTC board!?!? CONGRATS!!!! I just saw your post on the BFP section.

Hooray!!!

Huge P&PT :)))

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you today. Hope everything went well.

Chele said...

I checked in this morning (Wednesday) to see how things went. Pp and Pt for you and your husband.