Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Dr's appointment

So today I had my ultrasound to check for abnormalities, and the results were not to great. The Dr thinks I have PCOS but wants to wait till the blood work results come back to confirm. She said that if I do it is not a severe case, but does it really matter when it comes to PCOS. I have to say I was shocked and upset. It bugged me a little that the Dr did not seem to phased by it. She said she saw 1 cyst on my left ovary and 5 on the right. Now call me stupid but that seems like a lot to me. Only confusion I have is about 2 -3 months back I had a really bad AF. My cramps were so bad I couldn't function. I went to the ER and they did a vag ultrasound and determined it was a cyst that ruptured. But the ultrasound technician said she did not see any more cysts. So how between then and now did I develop 6 cysts so fast? Mind you I know nothing about PCOS. I am going to wait for the blood work to come back and confirm my prognosis before I go crazy doing research. Ughhhhh the stress never ends!

0 comments: