Friday, June 12, 2009

My friends I need your help

I have never asked for anything like this, but then again I have never needed to. I have a good friend in a rough situation, he fell in love with and married a woman that was in the country on a student and then work visa. They have been together for quite some time now and in 2006 decided to get married. They later renewed there vows in a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic not thinking they would have trouble coming back to the US and sure enough she was not aloud access and put on a 3 year block meaning for no reason during the next 3 years is she aloud to enter the US. That was a year ago and since then they have been fighting tooth and nail to get that ban removed and have her return to the country being she is married to a US citizen. My good friend Le'Von for the past year has been paying countless attorneys and outrageous fees trying his hardest to make something happen. He has been traveling back and forth from California to Norway for the past year reluctant to leave his wife's side as the stress of the situation is taking a toll on her. Recently they found out they were having a baby and that lifted there spirits enough to push alittle harder so that the baby can be born in the USA. On Monday she had a meeting at the US consulates office in Norway where she was not only treated horribly she was again denied access back to the US. The representative even had the nerve to tell her she was better off having the baby in Norway (like anyone was asking this woman for her opinion with this very personal matter). My friend Le'Von and I put together a petition that we just started spreading around. In hopes that it will accomplish something to help with this matter. Our goal is 1 thousand signatures. And I know that if we push hard enough we can make that happen. I know some of you already signed after reading my post on facebook (Chele I really appreciate that). I ask that if nothing else you read Le'Von's letter and hear the full story of what he and Danielle are and have been going through and you make the decision at that point to sign or not sign. I will not hold it against anyone if they choose not to.

Thank you for taking to time to read this =)
Amy

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Bring-Danielle-Purvis-Warr-Home

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is such a touching story...I went & signed my name & sent it on to others! I hope he gets her back.
Bonnie :)

Lauren said...

I signed as well. This is utterly absurd. I'm sure it is such a horrible thing for the US to have one more productive citizen.

I'm disgusted.