Thursday, August 14, 2008

Crazy week

This week started off perfect. Great beta's, scheduled my first ultrasound, I was feeling great and then the good turned to bad. Tuesday I got a flat tire had the Mercedes dealership send out roadside assistance to change it for me. Luckily I was at my moms so I did not have to sit outside in 108 degree weather. I ask the roadside assistance guy to check on my other three tires just to be safe. And he tells me everything looks good but in the next thousand or so miles I should look into replacing the front right tire. (The front left is the one that blew out) Great so I head to pick up Patrick driving like an old lady because I was riding on the spare and right as I am pulling in ... POP! The right tire blows out. You have to be F-ing kidding me. I sit there crying because I know cars only come with one spare and mine is already on the car. So I again call Mercedes and they tell me they can not tow is since it is not a warranty issue. I cry to the girl for 5 minutes and she tells me she could send someone but they are going to charge $75 for the hook up and $9 a mile. That would be great if I had any cash on me but of course everything I have is in the bank. So I call my mom by this point I am hyperventilating. My mom quickly calms me down and tells me with a laugh to get my hormones under control she is on the way to pick me and Patrick up. We leave the car overnight in his work parking lot and take anything not connected to the car. (Since I work out of my car it is filled with real estate files and credit reports) We head home where I feel helpless. It's to late at night to check tire prices. And at this point it is 9:30 and I am exhausted. I head to sleep only to be woken up with hot flashes. I lay there for 30+ minutes trying to cool down but it's not working. So I head downstairs and adjust the thermostat to 73. Go back to bed and pass out. I wake up again 3 hours later drenched in my own spit because I am drooling all over myself. As if that is not bad enough it is so cold in the house that I have to go downstairs and again adjust the thermostat. I quickly dry my bed and my face and head back to bed. Only to be awoken again 20 minutes later to go pee. This happens 2 nights in a row. I wake in the morning still exhausted and having to run around in 110+ degree weather getting the car towed and tires fixed. When all that was done I felt relieved since I wanted new tires or a new car before the baby is born. I just assumed I had 9 months to complete that task... Guess not!
Then comes last night my sister asks us if we would watch my nephew for the night so she could go out for drinks with some friends. I thought no biggy just drop him off at my house and I will watch him. All is going well. Reece is fast asleep, and as I get ready to go to bed I hear a loud dog barking. It's only 10 p.m. so I try not to let it bother me. Until midnight rolls around and the dog is still outside barking. All I keep thinking was this baby is going to wake up and I am going to be stuck awake all night. At about 1 a.m. the dog finally shuts up and I go to sleep. At 5 a.m. the dog starts barking again. Who leaves there dog outside for the entire night and does not have the courtesy to bring them in when they are barking like that. Finally Reece hears it and wakes up. Great now I'm up at 7 a.m. my sister comes to pick him up and I am just exhausted. I want to go back to sleep but there is no way in hell that's going to happen.

Who would have thought that such a great week could turn into such trash. Thankfully me and the bean are doing fine. Although I could use a good nights rest. My mom thinks I am actually lucky since both tires blew in good locations and not while I was on the freeway or something. Maybe she is right but right now I am not feeling so lucky!

1 comments:

Chele said...

Yikes that is a bad week. I have to go with your mother on this one that it could have been worse. I'm happy to hear you and the "bean" are doing well.