Thursday, February 5, 2009

Google my life away

I have spent the last couple of days googling small yolk sac and small gestational sac for story's of people that have gone through this as well as ideas for what might help little A's yolk sac grow. What I have come up with ... A whole bunch of nothing! One web page said to drink 4 gallons of water and that could possibly help hydrate little A. Now I'm no Dr but I think 4 gallons of water would make you sick and possibly kill you. So what I have decided to do is up my intake of water but not excessively. Now here is my dilemma. In reading I have discovered that there is also a such thing as to big of a yolk sac. If over hydrating can possibly help little A, can't it also harm little B? I don't know what to do. I don't want to risk loosing both. Am I being greedy for wanting them both to stick? Or should I just leave it at whatever happens happens. People keep telling me that I will be lucky as long as I end up with one. But knowing they are both in there right now, I want them both! I feel like I'm asking for to much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, I don't think there is anything you can do in a situation like this. Maybe taking it easy would help? I really don't know... I'm not really sure you can help a yolk sack though... {{{HUGS}}} I'm keeping you in my P&PTs

Chele said...

Tell those people to bite you! No one wants to loose a baby under any circumstances. Just because you have two does not make one more important than the other. Or the loss any eaiser to live through. I wonder how many of these helpful people have suffered through a loss.

I would drink the recommended amount of water and take it easy as much as possible. Could be your baby A implanted later than baby B and that is the reason for her being smaller.

I'm keeping PP and PT for you and hoping for the best outcome possible.....TWO HEALTHY BABIES!

Coco said...

I'm with Chele!!!! You have every right to want BOTH babies because that is what they are... BABIES! Don't feel like you are being greedy, you have waited a long time for these two!

Anonymous said...

Eek stay away from Google! I'm praying for you for both babies. Keep positive ~ (easier said than done).

To A T said...

I'm going to 3rd Chele- those people need to just go AWAY!

It's definitely okay to want both to stick... and NOT selfish at all. You worked hard to get those two little beans!

((HUGS))
You are in my prayers!

Lynn Page said...

Amy you have every right to want both to stay put! They aren't even my beans and I want BOTH of them to STAY Put for you!!! But like others said, I'm not sure there's a lot that can be done. Other then taking care of yourself and those beans as best you can and relaxing. ((hugs))

Marshmallow Circus said...

It is not fair that we don't have control over our bodies. We've been given this great gift to carry children without any power to stop anything from happening to them. After my first pregnancy ended in miscarriage I came to realize that I had control over nothing.

But we do have reasoning power to educate ourselves with information if it is available. It does not hurt to find out if there are resources out there.

I'm curious because of your past history are they putting you on progesterone? Are they telling you your progesterone levels which could possibly give you a clue as to how strong the babies are?

My levels were a little low at the beginning of this pg. Because I've a m/c and I am 35, I was put on progesterone as a precaution.

Still praying for you and BOTH baby beans!