Monday, September 7, 2009

Introducing Gage William Rieger

Born September 1st @ 1:33 p.m. weighing 6lbs 15oz and 19 inches long. So let me explain why he came a day earlier ...

On Tuesday morning I had my appointment with the peri for my amnio. I woke up from what I thought was nerves and realized I was having contractions. They were super far apart so I waited it out until my 9 a.m. Dr appointment. When we arrived I informed the nurse about my contractions and she decided to put me on the monitor and see what was going on. Sure enough I was contracting about 10 minutes apart and they were long and painful. (Some lasting up to 4 minutes.) As the nurse came in to check on me she noticed that during my long contractions Gage's heartbeat dropped from the high 140's to the 60's. With that being said she pulled the printout and went to go show the Dr. Less then 5 minutes later the Dr came in to tell me that the Amnio was not going to take place, instead they were sending me on my way to L&D, where my OB would be waiting for me. With that I was congratulated and pushed out the door. We made a quick stop home for my bags and off we went to the hospital. Once we arrived I was prepped and pushed into the OR. I didn't even have a minute to blink it was all happening so fast. My Dr came in and talked me through the spinal block and less then 20 minutes later I heard the most beautiful noise I had ever heard, Gage crying. I was told to look up only to see my OB holding Gage over the curtain. He was beautiful! They whisked Patrick away to cut the cord and I insisted he go with Gage to the nursery to be cleaned up. The c-section itself went amazingly well. I have to assume since there was no time to be nervous before, it helped ease any stress. Patrick rejoined me in recovery where he showed me pictures of our little boy getting his first bath. I wish I wasn't so drugged up I would have loved to take a picture of Patrick's face. He was glowing and had this big smile from ear to ear. Less then an hour after getting out of recovery I was pushed into my room where I was greeted by a ton of family amazed to see me awake and functioning so well. I had it in my head that if I looked like I was in pain or I was asleep that they wouldn't bring me my baby. So I smiled and pretended that what I had just gone through was no biggy. Thank god for the 24 hour morphine drip or else I would have been in big trouble. When they brought Gage in the room it was alittle odd. I knew he was mine but it was just this odd feeling of is that him is he really my baby??? 6 days later and I still look at him questioning if it's all a dream. He is just so beautiful and amazing. Patrick took control the first night, feeding him and changing his diapers. He really stepped up to the plate. Not that I expected any less of him but just watching him in daddy mode was wonderful. Even now that were home when I wake up with the baby he gets up with me just to make sure that I'm ok. As for the healing from the c-section... Piece of cake! I did not expect to feel as good as I do. I have been take pain pills when necessary. But for the most part I can make it all day without needing anything. What else can I say, I am just so in love with this little boy it just makes everything I went through TTC wise worth it.
Here are some pictures of me little love bug... enjoy!


9 comments:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu visiting your blog

Matt,Shell,and lil' Benjamin. said...

Oh ! He is perfect !! I am sooooooo happy for you !
Such a blessing ! You enjoy him to the fullest~

Big hugs ! shell

Coco said...

Congratulations Amy! He is beautiful! So glad everything went well!

Lauren said...

He is absolutely adorable! I love his hair! I think babies with hair are so cuuuute!!!!

Congrats Mommy!!!!

To A T said...

Oh Amy he is so precious!!! Congrats sweetie!!
I'm so glad things went well... and hooray for not having time to get nervous for the c/s ;-)

Jenn said...

So cute & so amazing Amy!! A big congrats to you & Patrick! Is it too late to become Facebook friends? lol, I got worried about you when I didn't see an update, and had to ask Chele if you were ok. Hehehe.
-Jenn

Amy said...

Jenn Thank you for checking in on me. As you can see all is well, A little hectic but well. And so you know, It's never to late to become facebook friends. Shoot me a request. =)

Lucky Jones said...

Amy, he's beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Marshmallow Circus said...

I've been offline for a while, and SO happy for you that Gage is here!! Congratulations!